Tuesday 12 June 2012

Fat boy baking Enterprises No. 6 (and little bit of utter glutony)

Back by popular demand.  Or more accurately my sister politely requested that I post something.  So upon finished our skype chat this Sunday, I felt inspired to do a little baking.  Blueberry and Sour Cream loaf cake, from the Hummingbird Bakery Book, kindly donated by my above mentioned sister.
I have been informed that it is delicious.  Sadly; due to the vagueries of the ability of my taste buds still suffering from the effects of a cold; I have been unable to experience the full affects of the supposedly delicious cake.

The the little bit of gluttony. A week ago I decided to make some Cheez Whiz (if you are unsure Google it. And here is the recipe http://www.grouprecipes.com/66270/home-made-cheez-whiz.html).


And then decided it would be good idea to use it on Nachos.  This is the result - Nachos con esencia de Sheriff.


To make this heaping mound of food, all you need is nachos, beef mince, baked beans (my preference would be Heinz), spices (I used a packet of fajita spice mix), 1/2 a chili, soured cream, salsa, Cheez Whiz, and little bit of grated cheese.

Cook the beef with some of the fajita spice mix and a 1/4 of a chili, in another pan cook the beans with fajita spice mix and 1/4 of a chili.  When ready combine into one sauce pan.  Cover the bottom of large bowl with nachos, put some of the mince/beef mix on top, then some soured cream, and salsa, finally finish with some Cheez Whiz (you may need to heat this up in the microwave to make it a little easier to spread).  Then add another layer of nachos and repeat the process.  Finish by sprinkling grated cheese on tap, and put under the grill in done to your satisfaction.  And enjoy.

I think you find it is gluttony at its finest.

3 comments:

  1. That loaf looks amazing! We don't have sour cream in France :( But I might try to rustle up some cheese whizz. I know you can always be relied upon for loafing and gluttony. And for that, bless you ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've done it! According to The Picture Book of Devils, Demons and Witchcraft, by Ernst and Johanna Lehner, each of the Sins was associated with a specific punishment in Hell.

    Sin Punishment in Hell

    Pride broken on the wheel
    Envy put in freezing water
    Anger dismembered alive
    Sloth thrown in snake pits
    Greed put in cauldrons of boiling oil
    Gluttony forced to eat rats, toads, and snakes
    Lust smothered in fire and brimstone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I lost the last bit of that caomment. I did go on to ask aren't you glad you didn't cook in Anger? Well at least you might be able to think up some nice recipes for rats, toads and snakes.

    But you redeemed you soul by giving us a recipe for Cheez Whizz.  ツ

    ReplyDelete